Morphisec Announces ‘Gap Protection’ for Any Organization
Capability Protects Operating System Between Major Patching Cycles and Against Advanced Threats; No Update Required and Ubiquitous Compatibility
BE’ER SHEVA, ISRAEL and BOSTON, MA – JANUARY 22, 2018 – Morphisec, the leader in Moving Target Defense, today announced Gap Protection from Morphisec, available in its Endpoint Threat Prevention solution. Morphisec protects organizations from potential exploits during any operating system vulnerability patch cycle – a critical period where they are most susceptible to advanced attacks and zero-days.
Morphisec is effective in protecting organizations during the “patch gap,” primarily because it is not reliant on the operating system patch itself, or its process, and does not need updating at any time. Additionally, Morphisec’s solution, unlike antivirus technology, does not require prior knowledge of a threat to fully prevent attacks targeting the memory layer in unpatched systems.
“In the wake of vulnerabilities being exposed in Meltdown and Spectre, most other endpoint security products could not deliver continuous protection,” said Ronen Yehoshua, CEO, Morphisec. “Our position was not just to be compatible with patches in this case, but to actually prevent attacks from occurring before, during and after patching. We are a unique endpoint technology that requires zero updates and minimal management, delivering enormous value to customers ranging from the enterprise SOC user to the IT manager.”
Gap Protection from Morphisec provides a substantial ROI for customers of all sizes. However, the advantages of Morphisec’s solution exist across the entire advanced threat landscape:
- Morphisec is the only technology that can effectively stop the code execution to leverage the Spectre vulnerability.
- Instantly prevents threats before they execute, removing the need to detect, respond and hunt.
- Customers do not need to update Morphisec to be compatible with major operating system patches – ever. Nearly every antivirus solution requires updates causing customers to experience a major lag in protecting endpoints.
- Morphisec is constantly changing what the application memory structures look like to attackers. Hence, Morphisec does not require prior knowledge of any threat in order to prevent zero-days and advanced attacks that can be launched at unpatched systems.
- In the event of unpatched systems, Morphisec prevents attackers from executing code that targets the memory, rendering data exfiltration and other malicious activity impossible.
- Simple-to-use, easy-to-deploy technology that requires minimal management with a foundation of ubiquitous protection.
“Lightweight, durable prevention-centric technology is gaining momentum in endpoint security – it actually has to be,” said Jon Oltsik, Sr. Principal Analyst, ESG Global. “It’s not just about major attacks or exploits any longer, new solutions need to give analysts the flexibility to eliminate threats quickly. Furthermore, end users demand optimally functional endpoint technology that extends beyond machine learning to defend against dynamically-changing threats.”
The availability of Gap Protection from Morphisec comes on the heels of successful demonstrations of protection against Spectre and Meltdown vulnerabilities and a 100% efficacy rating from SE Labs. Additionally, Morphisec is offering a free Gap Protection Assessment and a 30-day free trial of its Morphisec Endpoint Threat Prevention solution to customers.
Morphisec delivers pioneering endpoint security solutions that provide real-time protection against the most advanced cyberattacks of today and unknown threats of tomorrow. Our patented Moving Target Defense technology prevents threats others can’t, including APTs, zero-days, ransomware, evasive fileless attacks and web-borne exploits. Morphisec provides a crucial, small-footprint memory-defense layer that easily deploys into a company’s existing security infrastructure to form a simple, highly effective, cost-efficient prevention stack. Our disruptive and powerful value proposition has earned us the trust of our customers and recognition in the field, such as 2016 Gartner Cool Vendor and the People’s Choice Award from PwC.
For more information:
Director of Marketing at Morphisec